Sunday, January 1, 2012

101 in 1001

Yes, I am going to do it. And the only way I have found to hold myself accountable is do it like others do and put it on the internet. Everyone can see it and then I'll probably feel bad if I don't keep it up so here they are:


ACADEMIC
1. Finish my Master’s research and lab work by March 15, 2012
2. Finish my Thesis by March 31, 2012
3. Defend my Master’s by April 15, 2012
4. Start my PhD Lit review by September 1, 2012

FINANCIAL
5. Pay the entire balance on my Amazon.com credit card every month.
6. Keep up the “next dollar” deposits into my savings account.
7. Pay off my computer.
8. Pay off my student credit card.
9. Repay the money I took out of my IRA and make up the interest.
10. After the previous are done, put $20 a month into my IRA.
11. Use at least one coupon every time I go grocery shopping.
12. Have 3 month’s of paychecks in my savings account.
13. Save for a cruise.
14. Start saving for a “big kid” camera.

FRIENDSHIP
15. Write a monthly email to my family and friends to tell them what I have been up to for 12 months.
16. Send birthday cards to 15 friends.
17. Call or Skype a friend once a week for 6 months.

FITNESS
18. Run a 5K.
19. Run a 10K.
20. Run a half marathon.
21. Get to a level of fitness that I feel good about.
22. Add at least a nickel to a jar every time I work out, then when the jar is full, use the money to buy a reward.

KARMA
23. Donate clothes I don’t wear two times in a year.
24. Pay for the person behind me in the drive through.
25. Donate to the local food bank.
26. Donate to K-State.
27. Donate to Locks of Love.
28. Donate to Sigma Alpha, Alpha Omega.
29. Send 5 hand written thank you cards.
30. Give a homemade gift just because.

TRAVEL
31. Go to New York with Jessie and Brooke.
32. Take a vacation with Matt.
33. Visit Brooke and her new house in KC.
34. Visit Jessie and Mountain City, NV again.
35. Visit Sophi in LA.
36. Go skiing in the mountains.
37. Go to a Bear’s game.
38. Go to a Blackhawk’s game.
39. Go to a K-State game.
40. Go to Wrigley Field when the Cards aren’t playing there.
41. Take a day trip to Chicago.
42. Attend 10 Angus events with Matt.
43. Attend 10 Shorthorn sales.
44. Go to a livestock show I’ve never been to before.
45. Go to an ocean.
46. Take a road trip.

ACTIVITIES
47. Gamble once, hopefully not lose everything.
48. Teach 4 friends to play 5 Point Pitch.
49. Go ice skating 5 times.
50. Go roller skating 5 times.
51. Go to 10 live music shows, well known artists or not.

JUST FOR ME
52. Get a pedicure and enjoy it.
53. Dress professionally (nice jeans, nice shoes, nice shirt, hair and makeup) every day for a week.
54. Clean my bathroom once every two weeks for 6 months.
55. Buy a new pair of boots, not just plain leather.
56. Buy a purse I love.
57. Make my bed every day for a month.
58. Print off pictures from every year I have a file on my computer for and put them in albums.
59. Make a scrapbook for all of my ticket stubs, conference programs and nametags, and significant events from K-State.
60. Update my digital picture frames twice.
61. Make my tshirt quilt from all of my junior national tshirts.
62. Become a lifetime member of the K-State Alumni Association.
63. Take a day for myself once a month for 12 months.
64. Have date night with Matt once a month for 12 months (no cell phones, computers or other distractions).
65. Frame and hang my K-State diploma.
66. Get a professional massage.
67. Back up my computer monthly.
68. Take family pictures for my parents.
69. Make 10 crafty things.
70. Try out 10 homemade household things.
71. Get a makeover.
72. Take pictures and frame them for myself.
73. Make my closet a wardrobe I’m happy to wear all of.
74. Reward myself for completing goals every 10 goals.
75. Find a church in Champaign-Urbana.

FOOD
76. Make dinner twice a week for 6 weeks.
77. Try out 20 new recipes.
78. Eat at 5 new restaurants, non-chain type.
79. Try lamb.

SOCIAL
80. Organize 5 grad student get togethers
81. Have a girl’s weekend.
82. Golf with my dad.
83. Practice tricks and commands with Trixie twice a week for 8 weeks.
84. Teach Trixie 2 new tricks or commands.
85. Find a student organization to be a part of.
86. Become a member of the SA Alumni Chapter
87. Encourage 5 IJSA members to participate in a new contest at NJSS.
88. Try out 5 new ideas with the IJSA.
89. Agvocate 10 times.

LEARNING
90. Learn to play golf.
91. Learn to grill a perfectly cooked steak.
92. Learn to evaluate pigs and sheep.
93. Learn to use a sewing machine.
94. Re-learn to play euchre.

BOOKS AND MOVIES
95. Read 10 new books.
96. Watch all of the Harry Potter movies, in order.
97. Give the Lord of the Rings another shot.
98. Watch 5 classic movies that I haven’t seen.

MISCELLANEOUS
99. Post this list on my blog and update my progress every 45 days.
100. Complete this list.
101. Make another one.

I'm starting off today, January 1, 2012 so on September 8, 2014 we'll see how well I've done.

Also as apart of the new year I've decided to make new month resolutions every month. Change isn't something that I've ever been good at, but here's to making my life simpler and the most enjoyable! January's New Month Resolution is to make my room a place I wouldn't be scared to let anyone see. Make my bed, keep up on my laundry and keep the clutter out!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome list. In February I should be done mine, but don't quite know if that will happen. You've given me some inspiration for my next list! If you ever come over to eastern Iowa we'll play some golf.
    www.crystalcattle.com

    ReplyDelete