Monday, March 8, 2010

Umm, welcome?

Hi? I think is how I should start this? I never thought I would become the blogging type, but then again, I never thought I would have THIS MUCH free time on my hands either. Sure, there are multiple other things I could be doing like sorting bolts off the workbench or cleaning out hay lofts but for now this will do.

For starters my name is Kristen, but you can call me k-walk. I'm only typing it with the hyphen once so note that kwalk = k-walk, not "qualk" as a good friend pointed out to me (thanks Michael!). I'm a recent graduate of Kansas State University's College of Agriculture. Animal Science and Industry major and Ag Econ minor. Yes, I bleed purple. I grew up in Central Illinois and will always have a spot for the Land of Lincoln in my heart, but I did all my real "growing up" in Manhattan. My Kansas soul is the one that shines.

I'm currently living with my mom, step dad, and Toy Australian Sheppard in the house I grew up in and working for a genetic testing lab a couple days a week until I start my masters degree in molecular genetics this fall at University of Illinois. Other than that I'm putting in the hours at the WF administering nutrition and making my way to the top of the show sheen application standings. I see my dad as much as I can and that is usually around chore time. My brother is at school so it is a little weird living here without him, but I've adjusted well to the quiet house. Well, quiet is a relative term. I have 2 awesome step sisters and 2 marginal step brothers. Just kidding, they are the ones that keep us entertained so that takes them to awesome status too I guess. It gets to be a mad house around here sometimes when all 8 of us are home. Never a dull moment, that is for sure.

My friends have sorted themselves. They are great and have put up with A LOT from me. I'm difficult and stubborn, but for some reason these people still like me. I think it's amazing, but they just call it part of their job. Either way I'm forever grateful. I'm not sure what kind of person I would have become with out them but I don't really want to find out.

In closing(?), this is me and if you don't like it get the hell out! Just kidding... But seriously. Ha. When I figure out pictures and other fancy stuff, I might make this thing pretty. But then again this may be the only thing I every share.

Until then,
kwalk

2 comments:

  1. Uh, hi. This blog post made me smile for miles, man. So glad you've joined the blogging community!!

    Also, you are the hugest brainiac in the world. Master's degree in molecular biology?! You're a GENIUS in print! ;)

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. KWALK! I am soooo excited to read your blogs!! I wanted to be just like you...so I started my own too. Miss ya girl and you really need to come back soon! Oh and if you want a CCW shirt we are offering a shipping fee for $5. We have to wait for another order of shirts to come in first.

    ReplyDelete